Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Wishes

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of
praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll be cooking, my parents are coming, and my sons will be home from college and bringing along a couple of friends too. We are very blessed to have family close by. As I was cleaning and preparing today, I wondered if there might be more clean houses in America on the day before Thanksgiving than on any other day of the year :-) I love this little picture, it's an old copy of a painting called "Between Two Fires". He appears to be in Pilgrim or Puritan dress, and I think he's bit off more than he can chew!

Here are a few Thanksgiving quotes to ponder as we enjoy our food, football games, parades, and wonderful time of gathering with friends and family as we thank God for his generous blessings.

Anne Frank
I do not think of all the misery, but of the glory that remains. Go outside into the fields, nature and the sun, go out and seek happiness in yourself and in God. Think of the beauty that again and again discharges itself within and without you and be happy.

Theodore Roosevelt
Let us remember that, as much has be
en given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.

William Jennings Bryan
On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.
George Washington
It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Marcia

22 comments:

Karen said...

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

Karen

Kimberly said...

A Happy Thanksgiving to you too! What a beautiful post!

pinkfairygran said...

Your comment about houses maybe being their cleanest around Thanksgiving, reminded me that when I was very small, I always had to have a clean and tidy bedroom otherwise Santa wouldn't call! You have a beautiful family...but then you know that!
Best wishes from the Pinkfairygran in England

My name is PJ. said...

Wow, what a GREAT post! Color me 'uplifted', Marcia! It is my favorite color.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Love the pictures and the quote from Anne Frank!

Christine said...

What a touching and stirring post!
Even tho' we don't have a special Thanksgiving day in UK I love that in the USA and Canada there is such a thing for it is good to give thanks to the Lord.
So I wish you and your lovely family a blessed Thanksgiving!
Christine

Shirley... said...

Loved the quotes and pictures!

I am one of those with a clean Thanksgiving house. haha! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I hope that you have a special day with your family.

Wylie said...

Love these pics! Blessed to find you today! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Joyfully,
Wylie

Tracy said...

Marcia, wishing you & yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

LLJ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Thanks for sharing the quotes, pictures, and simple truths of your own to help keep on track with a thankful heart. Remembering to be dependent... I love that!
I see your encouraging words on other blogs I follow and my own, and they always do my heart good and make me SMILE! You have a gift to encourage others. Thank you!
Leanne

koralee said...

Happy American Thanksgiving to you! Your post was lovely today.

katie said...

Excellent post ,, we are blessed.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

heather said...

thank you for the beautiful inspirational quotes! Have a wonderful blessed thanksgiving to you and yours!

Blessing!

Gloria McQueen Stockstill said...

Loved the quotes!

Love,
Gloria

Beverly said...

Much to think about and be thankful for as I read the scripture and Thanksgiving quotes you so graciously provided. It is wonderful to have family together on Thanksgiving Day and I agree, about the clean houses.
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving Day and I am so happy you will have all your kids and MoM and Dad there.

Behind My Picket Fence said...

I've been so far behind in reading blogs so am glad to get back to yours. I loved the quotes. Anne Frank's thoughts are simply astounding. Loved Roosevelt's too.
In reading further, I hope I get a chance to see the Trisha Yearwood cookbook. And Paws in a Pot?? Too cute!
I am cooking tomorrow too but we have a very small group this year so it will be kinda quiet. I think we will "try" to make Divinity in the afternoon. Unless we're too full to move.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Darlene said...

Hi Marcia,

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.♥ I'll be back on another day to browse your beautiful blog further. Have a great day.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Dear Marcia:
May God bless you and your beautiful family with a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
--Susan @ Blackberry Creek

Shelia said...

What a wonderfully perfect Thanksgiving post! Hope your day has been blessed.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Farm Chick Paula said...

Wow- what beautiful (and wise) words! Enjoyed this post and my visit with you today, Miss Marcia!
(And I loved the apple pie plate- I let out a tiny squeal over that! *LOL*)

rachel... said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And that your house is still pretty clean. :)

Janean said...

good words to read and ponder this time of thanksgiving and praise.