Saturday, April 17, 2010

This Week's Highlights

 I want to thank everyone for the sweet comments about "My Marriage Story". You were all so encouraging. Sometimes putting your life out there for everyone to read about can be a little intimidating, so I really appreciate each and every one of you.

I also want to say thank you to Christine at  Preferably Prim. She had a secret drawing and I won! I was so thrilled to get my sweet gifts from her, all the way from the "Emerald Isle".  Here's what she sent:
I also received a couple of books from Tricia at Mommyx12. Two giveaways in one week! I didn't get pictures of the books, but I want to say a big Thank You to both of these lovely ladies! If you get a chance, go by and visit, they both have wonderful blogs.

We've been busy this week with appointments, school, gardening and a Science Fair. The homeschool group at our church does a Science Fair each year. We went last year but didn't participate ourselves. If you think I'm science minded because of the post I did on lady bugs, you'd be very mistaken. I learned that lady bug info from my 2nd son, Randy, when he was 8! This year, with a bit of help from my friend and fellow homeschooling mom, Jan, we had our own table set up. It was all about magnets, very hands-on. The boys had a great time, and the girls were able to visit with friends. 
I've been out planting in the garden today. My twins are playing in the sprinklers right now with some neighbor kids. I hope this nice weather continues and that you all have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

21 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your gifts!

Glad you had fun at the Science Fair. Magnets - what an interesting topic. :)

Becky K. said...

It is soooo cold here! I cannot imagine running in the sprinklers!

Glad you are getting to work outside.

Becky K

Shelia said...

Hi Marcia and congratulations on your win! Aren't you glad spring is here?
I am hosting a blog party for May 7th and I hope you will come. You can find all about it by clicking on the little pink button on my sidebar.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Amy Kinser said...

Congrats on the wins!!

Have a blessed Sunday.

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

HI Marcia, I just ready your marriage story and loved all of it! I've been at the doctors all week with my mom getting ready for her knee surgery next week...so I missed it when you first posted it. I loved it and loved all the bits and pieces of starting over again and again....wow. It just makes it even more special to see those twins in this picture! It is wonderful. You made my week with all of this. have a blessed anniversary and week!
Blessings,
Debbie

My name is PJ. said...

It's nice to know that good people win some of the drawings held in Bloglandia! Congratulations!

But what really grabbed my attention in this post was that photo of the twins! Don't tell them I said it, but they are precious!

outdoor.mom said...

neat gift :-) Glad all is well in your world! Cute pic of the boys!

Carol said...

Congtaulations on winning the neat gifts from Ireland. Hope today is the start of a wonderful week for you!

Smiles,
Carol

Colleen said...

Congrats! Love the Easter pillow!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Marcia,

First of all, you've got to tell your twins how handsome they are (for me)! :) Don't you just love having the privilege of homeschooling and learning from our kids?? lol!

Congratulations on your win! Have fun with your gardening too!

Left you a post below on your marriage story also!

Hugs,
Tammy

lisasmith said...

what a beautiful family and beautiful love story you have!!

blessings!
lisa

Mimi Sue said...

Lucky you! Congratulations. Looks like a lot of fun at the science fair. Enjoy those two they grow up too fast. Mimi

T's Daily Treasures said...

Always so wonderful to receive lovely gifts and how great to get something from Ireland. Nice! Sounds like you had a great week. Many blessings for the week ahead. :) Tammy

Christine said...

Hi Marcia! Thanks so much for your sweet comments - so glad you won!!
Blessings from the Emerald isle!
Christine

Sharon said...

Good morning Marcia!

I wanted to thank you for sharing your heart in the former post. God is so faithful and totally restores!!! I just know that God will use this to further His kingdom and to be glorified. Thank you.

Congratulations on the lovely gifts! How beautiful and all the way from Ireland! It looks like the boys had fun, they are cuties (actually your whole family is beautiful!).

Have a glorious day in Him!
Love,
Sharon

Mandy in Mayberry said...

Very nice winnings!

That science fair looks like fun. Boys do love magents for some reason!

Have a great week!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Marsha,
Congrats on the wins, I love that little pillow! Your twins look so cute at the science fair. You certainly have your hands full! Big Hugs and enjoy the weather,
Cindy

Beach Vintage said...

Glad you are having nice weather as it is pouring rain here!

koralee said...

What a busy home you have...your boys look adorable...science fairs always stress me out.
Your pillow is amazing ...so nice to meet people from all over the world. Hugs to you today. xoxo

Beverly said...

What a great surprise to get a gift from Ireland.
Science Fairs....how I remember those. Your boys are so cute.
Magnets would be a fun experiment.
Ahhh...playing in sprinklers. Well the weather changed here today with wind and rain, but we did have a couple of those sprinkler days.
What do you grow in your garden. I'd like to do herbs in pots. I say that all the time, but I think I could handle that.

Shelley said...

Glad you won some nice gifts! I still have a couple more weeks to go before I can start planting my garden - praying for sunny days ahead!