Saturday, June 5, 2010

No Snails For Me


I'm joining Mama M. in another Five Question Friday post. If you'd like to join in, just follow the link. Yes, I know, that it's just after midnight, so I'm a little late, as it's actually Saturday, but I hope you don't hold that against me, I'm a night owl ;-)


 1. If you could go back to college would you change your major? Or, if you were to go to college right now...what major would you choose? My first thought would be some type of Art major (I majored in Liberal Studies, but only completed 3 years), but on second thought, I might want to major in something I don't think they offer anymore. Remember Home Economics? That was still a major when I went to college, and I think I'd like to do that. I am a homemaker, and I could still use some help in the Home Arts.




2. What do you love most about your home? I love that it's filled with love and wonderful memories of raising my family here. It's not a large house, but we live on a nice little cul-de-sac and have some of the best neighbors around.




3. What types of books do you like to read (if you like to read at all)? I really enjoy reading, and read many different kinds of books. I think I'll share the type I don't like, and that's scary books. I don't want to read Stephen King. I'm the same way with scary/horror movies.




4. What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten? Escargot...yep, snails, and I'm not going to willingly ever eat them again!




5. If you HAD to be a character on a TV show, whom would you be? I'm a mom of 6 kids, so I guess I'd choose someone like Claire Huxtable or Carol Brady because they were both moms with lots of kids. Claire had the added pleasure of being married to Bill Cosby on the show, and boy, could he make me laugh! I am getting older though, and there was a feisty little lady on The Golden Girls that would be a fun part to play. She was Sophia, the funny, outspoken mom, that could get away with saying anything.
I'm adding a little revision note here. Leanne, over at Joyful in Hope, mentioned Olivia Walton in her comment, and I thought, oh yeah, Olivia, from my favorite TV show, why didn't I think of her? Chalk that up to writing a post way too late at night! Sorry Sophia, Claire and Carol, but Olivia wins, hands down! 
Thank you Leanne :-)

Have a wonderful weekend my friends.
 Blessings,
Marcia



18 comments:

My name is PJ. said...

Did you see that Rue MacClanahan from the Golden Girls died this past week?

I still watch The Cosby Show when I can't sleep at night......


I'm not a fan of Stephen King scary stuff either.

Becky K. said...

That was fun.

Snails would not be on my list of foods to eat either.

My husband enjoys some Stephen King movies. Me, not so much.

Becky K.

Melanie said...

I've never eaten snails, and I don't plan to start now!!
I like the Cosby Show too. :)

LLJ said...

I always enjoy reading your posts! You make me SMILE every time!

I would like to be Olivia on the Waltons because she was always NICE even when those kids were acting up big time or when she was down. She never "appeared" like she wanted to SCREAM at her mother-in-law, either! haha! Yep, I would want to be her.

Leanne

Eileen@My Evergreen Place said...

I agree...no scary stuff!

I think I would of majored in Library Science and minored in Home Economics. I love books and the best job I had as a teen was working at the town library. I too am a stay at home mom and could of used more Home Economics in college.

Growing up I watched the Brady Bunch every Friday night. I enjoyed watching a large family like that and knew I wanted a large family some day. So, I would have to say Carol Brady. :0)

LLJ said...

haha! Oh, I really do LIKE you!
: )

Manuela@TPOH said...

Oh Olivia was always so calm about everything! I used to love the Cosby show! That was a fun read! I do like scary movies, but not gory bloody ones which is what most scary movies are these days.

Manuela

Leah said...

Hi Marcia..I just found your vlog while "hopping around" and I am inspired by your dedication to serve the Lord and train up your children. I am looking forward to gleaning wisdom from your experience as I venture into the early years of home schooling. I am your newest follower btw. I would love to have you check out my new blog and follow back! Blessings :)

Sue said...

Marcia, What a fun and interesting post! Crack me up when you said a major in home ec!! I don't even think that it is offered in high school anymore. There is a class called life experiences, though. Teaches the kids practical stuff like how to balance a checkbook, etc. Our son took a cooking class 2 years in a row. He got pretty darn good and he actually cooked real food when he went off to college!
Thanks for asking about Mr. S. He is doing so much better these days. He is back to work, too. He still hobbles around since he can't bend his knee completely. He is gonna seek a second opinion for that. The diabetes is being controlled with diet and oral meds- the dr. took him off the insulin about 2 months ago.
Hope all is well on your end. And as always, thanks for visiting! :-)
Fondly, Sue

Beach Vintage said...

Hi Marcia, I love that you love the love in your home! I do too!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Oh this was wonderful, Olivia *OOPS* I mean Marcia! *LOL*
I love learning new stuff about my blog friends.... I'm with you on the scary/horror stuff. The worst thing I ever ate was calamari (spelling?) and it probably would have been okay if it was fixed right, but this wasn't and I got sick from it... I can't even stand to think about it to this day!! *UGH*

T's Daily Treasures said...

At the end of the month, the kids and I will escape the heat and dust. That's what keeps me going at the moment. Plus, only a few days of work left and then I can stay home and have the whole day to play, create, cook, clean ... whatever my heart desires. I don't do scary books or movies either. Or gory stuff. I mean, come on ... don't we all want to be happy? Why would we want to see anything that scares or depresses us? I remember reading a couple of Stephen King books in my late teens -- never, ever again! I had nightmares for quite some time. Wishing you a most terrific Tuesday and fabulous rest of the week. :) Tammy

Free Pretty Things For You said...

this is fun! i think im going to do it!

Thelma Louise said...

I agree whit you in many of your answers here.:-)

and snails..sdhfepoafdklfjsd....

Have a nice day.:-))

and thank you for the nice comment on my blog.:-)

Gry

Kelli said...

I would have never thought of Olivia either! Too many years since I watched that show. I always thought she was a pretty lady. :)

And a house full of love and happy memories???

Priceless. :)

Hope you have a terrific day!

Jane said...

My sister and I were just talking about the Waltons's when I was visiting her this weekend. We were reminiscing and she reminded me that I always watched the Walton's and Little House on the Prairie. I loved those shows back then.
I enjoyed reading your post!
Jane

koralee said...

Love your answers...they make me happy today!

Shelley said...

Very fun to read these about you! Yuck on the escargot! :-) And agree w/ you on the scary movies.