Monday, June 28, 2010

Wedding in the Mountains

I guess I took an unplanned blogging break the past couple of weeks. It seems like life is always busy around here with just day to day living. We attended a wedding up in Big Bear this weekend. Big Bear is a mountain town about an hour's drive from here. It was beautiful. The wonderful young couple are good friends of my oldest son, and he was also in the wedding. They had such a unique wedding invitation too. I loved it. I'm going to share it here and hope that they don't mind :-)
This was the cover,
 And inside this is what you found. Yes, sweet journal entries from their dating life. Isn't that just the sweetest idea? The back had all the wedding details.

 My twins also had their first dance at this wedding :-) They both got to dance with the beautiful bride. Thank you Jen for making it so fun for them. They talked about that dance all the way home :-) 
Cody (the groom) and my son, Ryan.
 The wonderful couple, exchanging their vows. 
Isn't it a beautiful setting?
Thank you Jen and Cody, for sharing your special day with us. May God continue to bless you both!
I'll try to get back to blogging now. 
Thanks to all of you for sticking with me and visiting again. I'll be stopping by to visit your blogs again too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia



20 comments:

  1. The mountains are always enchanting but especially for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcia,
    Looks like it was a beautiful place for a wedding. How sweet your twins got to dance at the reception! Thank you for sharing your photos.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Marcia.
    so beautiful in the mountains,so nice to had wedding in this place,
    beautiful picture.
    whish you and family a good summer.
    hug from sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything unique or creative when it comes to traditional stuff. Those invitations were charming!

    The bride looked like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun (and cute!)couple! And what a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, Marcia!

    I'm so glad your boys had fun dancing with the bride.

    That is the most original (but sweet) wedding invitation I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I love weddings and everything about them. Traditional, unusual, anything...I love weddings. The invitation was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very creative invitation! Love it. I'll bet that couple is a lot of fun to be around.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really neat Marcia!
    What a beautiful wedding setting and the invitations are so unique!
    And your twins are just the cutest!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...beautiful! I love the mountains...a perfect place for a wedding!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks like such a fun day!! very neat!! i've had a hard time keeping up with blogging too. i think its best to enjoy our kids and the weather when we can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks like such a fun day!! very neat!! i've had a hard time keeping up with blogging too. i think its best to enjoy our kids and the weather when we can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been to Big Bear, we stayed there in a beautiful cabin for a week. This is a beautiful setting, thanks for sharing it...and I am sticking with you my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was about to email you and check to see if everything was okay! :)

    What a lovely place! And such a fun invitation - it sure set the mood for a unique wedding! ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really neat invitation! Very clever! I love when couples change things up a bit, although I am quite traditional when it comes to weddings! A wedding in the mountains sounds divine!! I know you all had a great time! Beautiful bride!!

    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the most creative wedding invite I have ever seen. Cute couple.
    Beautiful backdrop for a wedding. I grew up going up to Big Bear. Haven't been there in so long. I'm sure your boys felt special, getting to dance with the bride. Thanks for sharing and I will always check back. We are all busy during the summer especially when kids are home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great place to get married and that it was a beautiful wedding! I loved those unique wedding invites - so sweet & memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pure magic my friend...I love the idea of getting married in the mountains! Those sunflowers are lovely as well...what wonderful unique ideas this sweet couple had. Sending you some hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, how beautiful.

    My husband married a couple in the valley at Yosimite ~~ it too eas beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Big Bear, what a great place for a wedding. We have a place in Lake Arrowhead for sale if you know anybody interested. Your little twin dancing is adorable - I'm assuming the other one looks just like him?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
Blessings,
Marcia